My Geekness all on one gadget

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A little Imagination Can Be A Funny Thing

Jordan has a rich imagination and Wendy loves to encourage him. I love to play along and see just how far out we can take him. So when he started to pretend that he was going to give us breakfast in bed, Wendy asked for a banana, some chocolate and nuts. She then asked how he was going to melt the chocolate, “I will melt in my hands momma.”

Wendy makes a face. "Sounds a bit gross but OK. Where are the nuts to dip the chocolate covered banana?"

"I'm sorry Momma but I'm out of nuts. Do you want broccoli instead?"

He then came to my side “What can I get you Joe?”

“I would like some pterodactyl wings please.”

“OK.” He leaves our room for minute and returns with a paper bag, hands it to me and says, “Your pterodactyl wings sir.”

He starts to walk away and I yell “Wait a minute! Where’s my barbecue sauce? How do you expect me to eat dactyl wings without barbecue sauce?”

“OK.” Again another minute goes by and he returns with an empty cup. Jordan than pours the nonexistent contents from the cup into my paper bag. “Here’s the sauce Joe.”

He tries to walk away again and I yell “Where’s the slaw? How can I eat dactyl wings without coleslaw?” This is when Wendy chimes in.

“What do you mean you want coleslaw? You hate coleslaw.”

I look at her. “That’s the part you have a problem with? Barbecue pterodactyl wings were OK but me eating coleslaw taxes the limits of your suspension of disbelief?”

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that he was fresh out of nuts, but was stocked up on pterodactyl wings.

    ReplyDelete